Since entering the profession in 1991, David has successfully built his practice by serving his client’s best interests and offering a wide range of products and advice on an independent basis. David graduated from the University of St. Thomas with a BA in business with an emphasis in Economics. David is an active member of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors. He is a Certified Financial Planner(tm), Chartered Life Underwriter, and holds Series 6, 63, 66 and 7 security registration. He is a member of the Society of Financial Service Professionals. David is a past member of the Million Dollar Roundtable, the Premier Association of Financial Professionals®.
Services & Experience:
My practice is based on helping busy professional people and retirees develop a level of confidence that their financial life is in order, so they can focus on other facets of their life.
I have found that many of my clients have one or two issues that they know need to be addressed. I will help you put a plan in place to take care of these issues.
More importantly my experience has shown that most of my clients are not sure what they should be concerned about or what questions to ask! That is OK. By discussing your goals we will not only uncover areas of concerns but opportunities as well.
Our relationship may include any of the areas listed here:
- Personal financial planning: This can mean many different things. Putting together a plan to buy a cabin? Paying off your home early? Saving for retirement? Planning for college tuition? Try to decide which of the 567 possible combinations of Social Security is right for you? Maybe all of the above!
- Portfolio analysis and asset allocation: I get many questions regarding 401k plans and IRA’s, with the number one issue being “am I using the best available options”. I’ll help you decide. Many of my clients are retirees who want guaranteed rates of return and protection of their principal.
- Investment management: I will do my best to align your portfolio of investments so that it will take into account your tolerance level for risk and return.
- Insurance applications: When was the last time you thoroughly reviewed your life insurance, disability insurance, health insurance or long term care coverage? Is it properly set-up? Is it the right kind?
- Tax Planning: Proactively explore areas that may save you taxes.
- Estate planning: What happens to my money when I die? Will it go where I want it to?
- Ongoing progress reporting: Regular visits based on a frequency that suits your situation and is appropriate for the type of business we are doing together. I will do my best to continue to bring issues and ideas of importance to your attention proactively.
- Partner with estate attorneys and tax professionals to utilize expertise in each area